Here are the 8 things you should do when your credit card is lost:
- If your credit card is stolen or lost, make sure it has a limit on access to funds and transactions. Do not allow situations when your card is completely free from any limits. After detecting a loss, lock your credit card as quickly as possible.
- Contacting the Bank’s customer support team should be the first thing you need to do to block your credit card. Banks are usually very quick to react in the event of loss or theft of credit cards of their customers. In order to block all transactions on your card, you need to call customer service. In the automatic menu, select “to block the card, press X”. Thus, in a short period of time you will be able to prevent possible illegal use of your card.
- Once you discover the loss of the card, you should call the Bank as soon as possible. Many banks are not responsible for transactions that were made within 24 hours prior to the notification of the card loss. In other words, if you do not notify the Bank about the loss of the card immediately, later the security service of the Bank may suspect fraud and you may be denied compensation. To avoid such unpleasant situations, as soon as possible to report the loss of the card by contacting a representative of the Bank.
- As a result of contacting customer support, your card will be blocked in the near future. But a support representative may ask you a few questions for security reasons. He / she may ask you to tell us about your recent card transactions. To prepare for such situations, you should check the latest expense information online or at the Bank as soon as possible. If the last card transactions are not yours, it is already being used by other people.
- Once you have informed your Bank about the loss of your card, you can relax and be sure that your card will not be used by unauthorized persons. It is worth noting that the blocked card will not be able to use not only strangers, but also you, if you find a missing card. If your card has been blocked, no one will be able to use it.
- If your card is insured, regardless of the amount of loss, the Bank will charge a fine of 150 TL. However, the Bank may have suspicions of fraudulent actions, for example, in the case of a late message about the loss of the card and the message that the last transactions on the card were not made by you. In this case, the security service of the Bank may consider that a deliberate deception was committed and refuse to pay compensation. In addition, the Bank can open a court dispute, and if the cardholder loses, he will have to pay the full amount of possible losses on the card from the moment it is lost until it is blocked.
- If your credit card has been lost or stolen and any transactions have been made that have not been made by you, the Bank sometimes refuses to refund them. You should file a complaint with the police. The original or a copy of the application filed with the police, you need to transfer to the Bank. At this point, you may also need to start a trial.
- When using a credit card, do not share your password information with anyone. The password of the card, in the end, can save your money in case of its loss or theft. It is worth noting that you are responsible for maintaining the password. If it is proved that you have transferred the credit card password to a third party, the Bank may refuse to compensate you for the losses. For this reason, do not share your password with third parties and choose a strong password combination.